CALL FOR PROPOSALS: Refugee Hub Spotlight Grants
A core tenet of the Refugee Hub’s mission is to foster a vibrant uOttawa community around refugee law, policy and protection. To this end, our Spotlight Grants aim to highlight and support the work that leaders in our community are undertaking on refugee-related issues. Spotlight Grants contribute to the impact and profile of grantees’ initiatives by providing a modest financial contribution and communications support.
Eligibility: All uOttawa Faculty members and graduate students are encouraged to apply. Proposals may be for one-off events or ongoing initiatives, and preference may be given to initiatives with a public-facing component (e.g. public legal education, community outreach, or other public benefit).
Each grant includes:
- Financial support in the amount of up to $1500 to cover approved costs; and
- Communications support, including dissemination and promotions (e.g. Refugee Hub social media, day-of social media promotions, etc…)
Spotlight Grant applications should be submitted to the Refugee Hub (email@example.com) with “Spotlight Grant” in the subject line, no later than October 21, 2018. In your application, please include the following:
- Succinctly describe the event or initiative, including:
- Project title and topic
- Stakeholders involved
- Summary of activities, and (for events only) date, venue, audience and speaker(s)
- Preliminary outreach plans
- Describe the expected impact of the event/initiative, including how it will help to foster uOttawa’s community around refugee-related issues
- Provide a provisional budget, detailing expenses to be covered by the Spotlight Grant and indicating any other sources of funding (confirmed or unconfirmed)
Pour la version française, cliquez ici (FRENCH_Fall 2018 Refugee Hub Spotlight Grants).