CALL FOR PROPOSALS
A core tenet of the Refugee Hub’s mission is to foster a vibrant uOttawa community around refugee law and policy. To this end, Spotlight Grants aim to highlight and support the important work that leaders in our community are undertaking on refugee-related issues. Spotlight Grants contribute to the impact and profile of grantees’ initiatives by providing a modest financial contribution and communications support.
Faculty (full-time, sessional, adjunct) and graduate students (Masters or PhD) are encouraged to apply. Applications are welcome from any uOttawa Faculty; however applications from initiatives connected to the Faculty of Law may be given priority in the selection process.
Projects may be one-off events or ongoing initiatives. If the latter, preference may be given to initiatives with a public-facing element (e.g. PLE, community outreach, other public benefit).
Each grant includes:
- Financial support in the amount of up to $1500 to cover approved costs; and
- Communications support, including dissemination and promotions (e.g. Refugee Hub social media and faculty channels, day-of social media promotions)
To apply: Spotlight Grant applications should be submitted to Refugee Hub Director Amy Bartlett (email@example.com) no later than October 2, 2017. In your application, please:
- Succinctly describe the event or initiative, including: topic (description, relevance to refugee law, why it should be in the ‘spotlight’), project title, summary of activities, and (for events only) date, venue, audience, & speaker(s);
- Provide a provisional budget, detailing expenses to be covered by the Spotlight Grant and indicating any other sources of funding (confirmed & unconfirmed);
- Describe the reach and impact of the event/initiative, including how it will help to foster uOttawa’s community around refugee-related issues.