JOB OPPORTUNITY: Executive Coordinator
The Refugee Hub is hiring an Executive Coordinator to join our team!
The Refugee Hub at University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Law was founded in 2012 by Professor Jennifer Bond. Since its inception, the Hub has both generated cutting-edge research and provided responsive policy and program interventions in support of refugees in Canada and around the world. Our mission is to foster justice and human rights for refugees through innovative research, programs and partnerships.
The Refugee Hub is seeking an Executive Coordinator starting in mid-May 2019 to work directly with Prof. Bond to support her logistical, administrative and institutional needs within the Refugee Hub, at the University of Ottawa, and in relation to her work as Chair of the Global Refugee Sponsorship Initiative. This role is a unique opportunity to work on a growing team with some of the world’s leading experts in refugee resettlement and on some of the most exciting projects happening within the refugee protection space.
The ideal candidate will have a passion and drive to work in a dynamic, complex and fast-paced work environment. They will be a highly-organized, self-motivated person who excels at problem-solving, organization, coordination, and relationship-building, and also demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, discretion, tact and responsibility, including when managing various files with little supervision. This is a full-time position based in Ottawa, Ontario with a salary range of 58K to 65K annually.
Specific duties include:
- Management of Prof. Bond’s complex schedule and appointments, organizing meetings nationally and internationally, prioritizing conflicting needs; handling matters expeditiously and proactively; managing high level stakeholders in a highly professional manner while exercising discretion and good judgement
- Coordinate the flow of information and requests, including working closely with colleagues from the Refugee Hub, University of Ottawa and external partners who are requesting meetings, contributions and approvals
- Provide executive-level communications support including drafting and editing of confidential correspondence, emails and reference letters. This also includes draft reports, summaries and meeting or call minutes as requested
- Accompany Prof. Bond and other key stakeholders at in-person and virtual meetings, as well as provide general high-level staffing support re preparation of briefing binders, note taking, logistics, stakeholder management, etc…
- Manage significant professional travel arrangements both national & international, including logistics and preparing claims for reimbursement in conjunction with the Hub’s Finance Assistant
- Collaborate with the larger Refugee Hub team on a variety of files including events, finances, administration or communications as required
- The role will involve regular flexible working hours, with occasional evening and weekend availability
- Minimum 4 years of training or relevant work experience
- High level of self-motivation and ease working independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to correspond effectively with high level stakeholders and manage complex administrative portfolios
- Excellent organizational, coordination and tracking skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy, and including basic financial literacy
- Demonstrated maturity, tact, integrity and diplomacy with a professional presence and manner capable of exercising personal judgment and flexibility
- High proficiency with office technology, including Microsoft 365
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment on a wide range of tasks and projects, including ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience in issues related to refugees and migration, while helpful, is not required; however, a strong interest in learning about these issues is essential
If you are interested in contributing to the work of the Refugee Hub as Executive Coordinator, please submit your CV and cover letter by March 31, 2019 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please include “Executive Coordinator” in the subject line.