JOB OPPORTUNITY: Senior Fundraising Consultant
The University of Ottawa Refugee Hub was founded in 2012, and our mission is to foster justice and human rights for refugees at local, national, and international levels through innovative research, programs and partnerships. We are supported in our work by a team of in-house experts, a wide range of consultants, and a broad and diverse community of partners and stakeholders.
The Refugee Hub is seeking a Senior Fundraising Consultant to join our team over the next 4.5 months (November to March) to help build a variety of grant proposals for the Hub’s Refugee Sponsorship Support Program (SSP). Working closely with the Director of Development and Innovation, the Director of the SSP and the Hub Director, the Fundraising Consultant will:
- Help prepare materials for identified funding opportunities for our Refugee Sponsorship Support Program (SSP)
- Support the identification of new opportunities to add to our list of prospective investors using your knowledge of the landscape/ search platforms such as Grant Connect
- Develop compelling proposals and other narrative materials for prospective donors, including tools to approach foundations, private sector stakeholders and individual giving
This is a full time consultancy position based in Ottawa, Ontario, and we are accepting proposals in the range of 20 to 25K for this role. The ideal candidate will be an organized, creative professional with experience writing grants and researching fundraising opportunities, as well as the ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment. They will also possess strong interpersonal and written communication skills and be comfortable working at a fast pace with multiple stakeholders including government, civil society and the private sector.
- A university degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant fundraising experience, including proposal writing and opportunity identification
- Demonstrated success in securing major gifts and successful grant and proposal writing
- Proven written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to tailor messages and writing to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated maturity, tact, integrity and diplomacy with a professional presence and manner capable of exercising independent judgment and flexibility
- Familiarity with refugee issues, intergovernmental or public affairs, community sponsorship, or other related areas will also be considered an asset.
If you are interested in contributing to the work of the Refugee Hub as a Senior Fundraising Consultant, please submit your proposal including CV and cover letter by midnight November 18, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Fundraising Consultant” in the subject line.