Job Opportunity: GRSI Program Manager
The Global Refugee Sponsorship Initiative (GRSI) is a unique and ambitious multi-stakeholder collaboration that is mandated to encourage and support the adoption of refugee sponsorship programs around the world. The University of Ottawa Refugee Hub is a founding partner of the GRSI and also houses its Chairperson, Professor Jennifer Bond. We are seeking an experienced Senior Program Manager to join the Refugee Hub team and lead our GRSI project team.
The Refugee Hub was founded at the University of Ottawa in 2012. Our mission is to foster justice and human rights for refugees at local, national, and international levels through innovative research, programs and partnerships. We are supported in our work by a team of in-house experts, a wide range of consultants, and a broad and diverse community of partners and stakeholders. The GRSI is one of our six core program areas.
The GRSI is a partnership between the Government of Canada, the UNHCR, the Open Society Foundations, the Radcliffe Foundation, and the Refugee Hub. We are working with approximately 20 countries, and actively deploy delegations of policy and community experts all over the world; coordinate workshops and host delegations to Canada; and create a wide range of tools to support those working to introduce sponsorship programs in new places. We require an ambitious and experienced program manager to lead a small but powerful team; help coordinate our project partners; and support the delivery of the GRSI’s high impact and high profile international agenda. The position is based at the Refugee Hub in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, self-motivated, creative, and organized project manager with a proven track-record of taking initiative and delivering results. They will also possess exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills and be comfortable working at a fast pace on a variety of files while navigating complex and high-level stakeholder relationships.
Specific duties include:
- In collaboration with Prof. Bond, staff from other GRSI partners and the Refugee Hub Director, overseeing and implementing the GRSI secretariat work plan. Specific deliverables may include planning high-level workshops and other strategic events; developing online materials and training tools; managing country-specific plans and relationships; coordinating partner planning sessions and operational touch-points.
- Managing the work flows of the Refugee Hub’s GRSI team, including guiding the work of 2-3 staff members and a variety of contractors and stakeholders
- Developing project management tools and systems for effectively delivering on the objectives and deliverables of GRSI
- Monitoring and reporting on GRSI activities for both internal purposes and donor/ partnership accountability purposes
- Must be willing to work occasional overtime and be capable of working in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines. Occasional overseas travel may also be required.
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant field
- At least 8 years of relevant management experience, including direct supervisory experience
- Experience creating and maintaining relationships with a variety of global stakeholders, including national governments, key decision makers, multi-lateral institutions, donors and/or civil society organizations
- Proven written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to tailor messages and writing to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated maturity, tact, integrity and diplomacy with a professional presence and manner capable of exercising independent judgment and flexibility
- Experience coordinating a complex partnership or network will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with refugee issues, global and domestic politics, intergovernmental or public affairs, community sponsorship, or other related areas will also be considered an asset.
If you are interested in contributing to the work of the Refugee Hub as Senior Program Manager of GRSI, please submit your CV and cover letter by midnight Sunday, July 8, 2018 by e-mail to email@example.com. Please include “GRSI Senior Program Manager” in the subject line.