Fostering justice and human rights for refugees through innovative research, programs, and partnerships.
Fostering justice and human rights for refugees through INNOVATIVE RESEARCH, PROGRAMS, and PARTNERSHIPS.
“To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.”
- Nelson Mandela
- Jennifer Bond, founder of the Refugee Hub, joins the University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Law.
- University of Ottawa Refugee Assistance Project (UORAP) launches to address key access to justice challenges for asylum seekers in Canada.
- The Refugee Law Research Team (RLRT) forms in response to increased interest in refugee-related issues on campus at uOttawa.
- With UORAP, the RLRT, and the Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers (CARL), the uOttawa campus boasts one of the biggest refugee law programs in Canada.
- The Refugee Hub is formally established by Jennifer Bond at uOttawa as an initiative to bring together refugee-related research & activities within the faculty of Law and on campus.
- The Refugee Hub launches the Refugee Sponsorship Support Program (SSP) in response to the increased demand for Private Sponsorship during the fall of 2015, offering direct support to those looking to sponsor refugees to Canada.
- The Global Refugee Sponsorship Initiative (GRSI), a multi-level, public/private partnership, forms to support other countries who want to develop community-based sponsorship programs.