RESEARCH OPPORTUNITY: Refugee Research in Kenya
Are you a graduate student at Carleton, McGill University, University of Ottawa or York University?
Are you interested in refugee issues?
Are you looking for a unique research placement for the Summer of 2019?
If so, you will be interested in LERRN: The Local Engagement Refugee Research Network!
With funding from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), we are a team of researchers and practitioners committed to promoting protection and solutions with and for refugees. Through collaborative research, training, and knowledge-sharing, we aim to improve the functioning of the global refugee regime and ensure more timely protection and rights-based solutions for refugees.
In partnership with Moi University in Kenya and our NGO partners, including CARE, we are now recruiting for our first two research placements:
- Kenya: Summer 2019: Localization of Humanitarian Action
- Kenya: Summer 2019: Refugee Participation
LERRN will cover the following costs for the successful candidate:
- Economy round-trip airfare to Kenya
- Necessary domestic travel for the purposes of the project
- Modest accommodation and a stipend for meals for a maximum of 4 weeks
- The cost of visa, research permit and vaccinations necessary for travel to Kenya
Additional support will be provided by our Kenya Working Group, including:
- Reception and orientation at the Nairobi Campus of Moi University
- Supervision and mentorship during fieldwork
- Administrative and logistical support
Applications are due by 9am EST, 4 February 2019. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed during the week of 11 February 2019. Successful candidates will be notified by 28 February 2019. Successful candidates will be required to participate in mandatory training in May 2019, and be available to undertake a 4-week research placement in Kenya in July-August 2019.
And stay tuned ! Additional summer research placements in Tanzania, Lebanon and/or Jordan are being developed and will be shared in the coming weeks…
Please find the full application details below: